Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chapter 31

After crying for a while, I got up because I decided there was no point in crying anymore.  Besides, it felt like I was running out of tears.  It's like...I wanted to cry, and at first that was an easy task, but it ended up getting harder and harder.  I kept going back to the same thoughts in my head over and over again.  Like, how could Ian make me think he was staying here forever?  I mean, it sounded like he'd leave eventually...but he didn't make it clear enough.  It didn't help that I refused to think about it....Why does he have to leave this soon?  I just met my family, and I was officially told that I have a job.  Oh crap, I actually have to go in today for that.  Shoot!
After I finished wiping away my tears and my breathing became even, I got up.  I figured I should just go to Landgraab's Science Facility and just get it over with.  I didn't have much time left anyway.

Soon, I arrived at Ian's old car.  I felt my pocket while I was crying earlier and I felt something hard.  Curious, I looked to see what it was.  It was a driver's license...Somehow Ian had slipped me a licence.  I did know how to drive since I did it earlier in my life in 'virtual reality' (I still can't believe that it wasn't truly real).  I suppose it was the same as the real thing...But, I didn't really know how licenses went here in the real world.  My way could've been scewed.
I had found the key on a hook when I entered the garage.  I was playing with it with my fingers as I stared at my car.  I was legal so that part wasn't an issue...it's been years since I've driven, though.  But I have to get to the Science Facility, so not driving wouldn't be an option.  I'd rather try driving then calling for a cab.
I looked at the key once more, sucked in my breath and got in the car.

When I got in the car, I was delighted to find that I quickly remembered how to drive from when I had my little car earlier in life...  It felt the same to drive as my little car had, but there was a lot more feet room.  But, the amount of traffic was vastly different from what it was on the moon.  Lucky for me, I watched Earth television shows and sometimes it showed the traffic and I picked up what to do in certain situations involving abundant cars...It was lucky I had since it actually went to good use.
I was lucky that when Ian and I went to the facility earlier that we had driven so I had at least an idea of which way to go.  I was an idiot for not googling directions..I haven't really been on the computer much since I had been here.  I didn't need it, I was with 'giggler' the whole time.  Oh, how I miss my Ian!  A few tears slid down my cheek, but I didn't let myself get choked up anymore because I have to look good when I go into the facility.
After a while, I did find myself lost.  I thought I had to go one way, but I went another.  Lucky for me I remembered a few landmarks and made my way there.  I was starting to panic for a minute there-I had never been independent before, so I didn't think of doing something as simple as googling for directions.

At about two o' clock, I made it to the facility.  I left about an hour ago, and this trip should've taken half that!  I learned my lesson the hard way....
I stood on the pavement for a few minutes until I went in.  My heart was pumping really fast, and I found myself breathing really hard because I didn't want to die of suffocation.  This is that time when you know that you're breathing fine but you're so nervous that you breath faster anyway.
I pushed my nerves away and just started moving.  Just standing there wasn't going to help me in any way.

When I made it inside, I waited a few minutes for my boss to come.  It was stupid, on seeing him I totally forgot his name.  So, I decided not to even address him, "Um...hey, it's Jezabelle..."
I had no clue what to say.  I knew what I was here for, but I just couldn't think of anything else better to say.
"Oh, welcome Jezabelle!  Glad to see you made it.  As for work attire, I will give you a lab coat on your first day of work.  Later on you may need more professional attire, but that is for another time."
I nodded in response since I couldn't think of anything else to say.
"When can you come in for your first day?"
I sucked in a breath and my heart was pumping fast.  This was really happening. "Um...how about Monday?"
It was Thursday, so that would give me a little breather until my first day.
"That would work.  See you on Monday, then.  We can further discuss your hours then.  For Monday, come in at eight and your day will end at five.  Have a nice day Jezabelle."
I nodded again, but I stopped myself.  "Hey, before you go...do you know how to get to Longview park from here?"
He gave me the directions in a few minutes and then I was on my way.  I was glad that was over-it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would.

I walked out of the building and went to the parking lot to find my car.  I wiped my brow when I realized that I remembered to lock the car and my keys weren't inside.  I turned on the ignition and followed the directions to the park.

This time, I had no issues getting there since I asked for directions.  Well, now that I messed up badly once, I won't make the same mistake again.  That's the good thing about being a human!

When I arrived at the park I parked on the side of the road, put some money in the meter and got out.

I walked through the park a little bit smelling all the smells.  When I eyed the bench, I went over and sat on it. It was the same bench that Reese and Clyde sat on when I met them for the first time since my 'I hate boys' syndrome was over.  Clyde and Reese were so nice and good-hearted.  I felt better thinking about them than Ian since I wasn't so attached to them.  Plus, I wasn't confused on how they felt about me, I didn't like them so that wasn't an issue.  They were just my friends only because I knew Ian.  But, they liked me with or without Ian, I could tell.  It wasn't a 'just friends when you're with our friend' deal.

Suddenly, I found myself frowning because I missed them.  They were so polite to me even when I hated them as was Ian.  But somehow they seemed more real.

I scoffed at the other people in my park with a full on view of my rushing emotions.  I just wish I was alone in this park.  Too bad that's not possible.
I turned my attention to the fountain, trying to change my thoughts.
I closed my eyes to listen to the water fall.  It soothed my thoughts a little, and for a moment I was thinking about my life at all.  Not Ian, or my family, or even Reese and Clyde.  I just listened to the pure serenity of the fountain.  Then I heard a bird squawk and it was all over.

I got up and decided to listen to the fountain closer.  I wasn't really caring what anyone was thinking at the moment-it was just so beautiful and since it was getting my mind off everything, I couldn't help but love it.
I went to touch the water, to feel it's coldness.  I wasn't even caring that I saw algae at the bottom at all.

Suddenly I was knocked out of my trance because the air around me felt slightly cooler.  Feeling paranoid, I looked around.  There were people behind me, but I could tell they didn't do anything.  I looked at the trees and didn't see any wind blowing their leaves...I just shrugged it off, figuring it had to be nothing.  What could it be?

I turned around once more for good measure, and before my eyes I saw a man standing in front of me.  Wide eyed, I blinked and realized this man wasn't just some stranger-it was Reese!
"Hello Jezabelle.  Sorry to frighten you..."
I gaped at him. What is he doing here?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ha ha, who thought that this would be Reese in this situation?  I bet none of you!  That's what I live for, you guys not guessing right xD.

Also, there is only one chapter left for sure as I've taken all the pics for it!  I'm sorry it'll be over, but I'll link when I have my new story up.  It'll be like this story in that it's unpredictable-at least I'll try.  Again, not your every day story :).

3 comments:

  1. Aww! You can't end it! It's so good! So that's why Reese was being so quiet or?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. It's already a long story as it is. 32 chapter is looong for me. I don't really have much to add to the story so it has to end. I'll be writing it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, this is so amazing and i was wondering what was up with reese seeing as he was solemn before they left!!

    ReplyDelete