Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chapter 23

When Ian disappeared I was deeply confused.  Suddenly he was there, then he was gone.  Of course I knew that that meant that he was teleporting somewhere, but where would he be teleporting to?  Of course I hated him, despised him simply for his gender, but at this moment I was just wondering why he left and where he was going.

Suddenly, I felt my thoughts loosen on the irrational thought of simply hating him.  I no longer was overwhelmed with hatred.  In fact, I just realized how tired I was.  I had just spent the whole day hating Ian that I never truly thought it over.  I had just assumed that he was a bad guy since he was, well, a guy.  But my head was starting to clear up, and I began asking myself questions.
How do I know that he's a bad guy just because he's a guy?  Surely he shape shifted into a guy for a good reason...I mean, it's not like he was going to change back right away because I hated guys.  But why?  Why should I?  Yes I had bad luck with two, supposedly, but they weren't even real guys.  They were apart of a computer program for crying out loud!  So really, Ian is the first guy I have ever known.  And since he has shown his true self, I have been such a brat, such a pain!  Oh, I'm ashamed.

Then, Ian was back and he popped right next to me on the bed.  I was surprised that he dared-and I was doubly surprised to realize that I didn't mind him being right beside me.
"Um...what did you do?  I feel...different."
"Well, I should hope so."
"Ian, what did you do?"
"Well...see, I sorta figured out that Leonora was controlling your mind a little bit...yeah.  Not good stuff."
"What?!  Leonora was controlling my mind.  You're not serious..." The problem was, I knew he was because I was finally thinking clearly and I no longer had a dying passion of hating him.
"Well, she sorta was controlling your mind when you were in your virtual world, too.  She must've somehow put in some emotional waves of something or other in its environment.  So basically, she made sure that you hated guys with a passion by the end...and kids, too."
"Holy mamma that I've never known-"
"Yes, I know.  So somehow she was still controlling your mind outside of that environment...See, this is how I am such an ass!  I over looked her not caring that you were out of her direct care-she must've known that you were with a guy-llama knows I hope she didn't know it was me.  So then when you realized I was a guy, she kicked the hatred button up a notch."

"But...how could she have done that?"
"I don't know...I didn't think that mind control was possible for vamps, but obviously it is.  Many of their abilities aren't known...so I guess we know that is possible.  She was a lot worse off than I thought..."
"As for me not telling you I was a guy, I'm very sorry.  The only reason I was a girl from the beginning is I had to be for Leonora to hire me.  She doesn't trust guys, so after Reese and Clyde didn't get a bite, I had to try being a girl.  It was just a hunch we had, and the hunch was right.  And surely you know why I didn't change right back to a guy from the start..."
"I know, Ian.  I'm so sorry that I acted like such a big brat.  You've been nothing but nice to me, and there I was being so annoying when I figured out you were a guy.  I'm so, so, sorry..."
"Oh, shucks Jezabelle.  I know you are.  Your true self is how you acted when I was a girl-but it wasn't even your fault.  Leonora was controlling your mind.  It wasn't your fault at all.  With her doing that, it would be impossible for you to feel any way other than how she wanted you to."
"Yes-but I still feel bad..."
"Don't sweat it, Jezabelle.  I understand completely."
"You're just so nice!  I've been so mean, and you're so nice.  I know that I've been acting mean for a reason, but still.  I would've hated me!  I demanded you to clean up my room, and what do you do?  You were all 'alright, be up there in a minute'.  Your niceness makes it worse."
"Oh, Jezabelle.  I had an idea that your mind was being controlled in a negative sense by Leonora, but I didn't want to believe it right away.  It wasn't until a minute ago that I realized that you truly were, after you said how much you hated me."
"So-what is it that you did?"
"Come on, let's go somewhere."
Ian took my hand, and we teleported somewhere, even though I told myself I'd never do it again.  But I now have my thoughts under control...literally.

In just a minute, I was in a room.  Not just anyone's room, but it was clearly Leonora's.  I absolutely freaked out that I was in the same room as this low life!  Oh gosh, I don't really ever need to say such negative words to describe anybody.  I mean, sure, a few minute ago I hated guys, but this isn't the same thing.  She ruined my whole life since really I had no life, and then she almost ruined my friendship with Ian!  She deserves horrible names, but I just suck at coming up with them.
"What did you do to her?"
"I came into her house, in my ghost-ish form...."
I interrupted him, "holy shit, Ian.  Can't she hear us or something?  Won't she wake up or something?"  I was beginning to whisper.
Ian spoke again at his same regular volume, "it's okay, Jezabelle.  She won't be waking up."
Ian touched me on the shoulder which calmed me.  I believed him to the core of my being.
"Then...what did you do to her?"
"I came in here-in my ghost-ish form of course-and looked around for her.  I found her here in her room about ready to go to bed, as you can see by her attire.  So then I took out this shot that I had in my pocket just in case I needed to use it...I always have it with me, just in case."
"Oh my llama.  What was in the shot?"
"Oh, just a little bit of something to knock her out."

I looked closer at her, and my blood ran cold.  Heck, her blood probably is already cold-but wait, don't vampires not have blood?  And besides, couldn't that just easily be a myth?  I don't think it really matters, I just knew that she was creepy-and I didn't even see her evil red eyes, her viscous glare!
"Hmm...let me see this shot that you speak of.  How can you always have it in your pocket?"
He took out this small little canister, and took it off.  He pressed a button and it expanded in size to that of a large pencil.
"Oh...I see now.  I believe you..." How could someone fake that?  And besides, I know I can trust Ian, through and through.  He has never lied to me-besides him being a guy, but considering how I acted and everything...I don't blame him.
"How long will she be...under?"
"Oh, I'm not exactly sure.  This works for a week to a week and a half.  The shot doubles as a device to check her consciousness where ever I am, so I don't have to worry about her waking up.  I can just come right back and give her another shot.  It does give me some warning time too.  You have nothing to worry about."
I sighed in relief.  I definitely didn't want to worry about my mind reverting back!
"So, how about we go back.  This place gives me the creeps."
"Alright, Jezabelle.  I agree, it does give off a pretty creepy aura.."

When we got back, I sighed in relief.  "Goodnight, Jezabelle.  There is more that I want to talk with you about tomorrow, but it is getting late.  Let all of this stuff sink in.  Again, I'm sorry that I never told you before that I'm a guy.  I know that it was justified and you wouldn't accept me as I am, but I still feel kinda guilty about it..."
"It's okay, Ian.  You've been nothing but kind.  Thanks for everything.  Good night."
"Good night, Ian."
As he left, I sighed in happiness to myself, I was free of hatred!

I got ready for bed and quickly nestled into bed.
The way I had concentrated my hatred so deeply on Ian had made me so tired!  Once that hatred was lifted off my shoulders, I realized how much that had drained me.  I was ready to sleep.
Once my head hit the pillow, I found myself drifting rather quickly.  All was right in my world again-or at least as right as it will be for a while.

When I woke up, I went downstairs and was greeted by the warm syrupy scent of waffles.
I got myself a few waffles and sat on one of the bar stools.  Ian got some and sat beside me.
"So Jezabelle, do you have any questions?"
I thought for a minute, and I had just the question.
"Um..tell me how shape shifting works."  So it wasn't a question.  You going to tell on me?
"Well...for Leonora, she needs to be in contact with the person she wishes to shape shift into before she can change form."
I shivered.  So that means that her as 'Brandy' was an actual person.
Clearly he noticed my reaction, "I know, it sounds really freaky.  Usually vamps like to shape shift for reasons  like Leonora in that she wishes to be that person for a period of time, not a once in a lifetime deal.  And...they have to touch the person once every twenty four hours to re-receive their DNA..." 
I didn't really like the sound of that...
"I know, it sounds bad.  She probably murdered her-because I never found her body anywhere, and the only way they can keep the DNA intact for as long as they like is if they kill them..."
"Oh gosh, so you're saying that I was seeing a dead person..."
"In a way, but only their body.  Luckily they can't take their personality with them.."
"Yeah, that wouldn't be so good..."

Ian got up to do the dishes.  One of these days I should volunteer, but I never think of it until it's too late.  It would be the least I could do...
"But lucky for the later genetically modified-me-we don't have to be in contact with a person for twenty four hours to shape shift into them.  We just have to have touched them once, and we're good.  So we tend not to be blood thirsty murderers...but I actually didn't use this method.  I just changed into the female version of myself which is a lot simpler.  My DNA changes, and guesses, to female me."
I nodded in happiness, glad that he hadn't murdered anyone.
"Jezabelle, of course I wouldn't murder anyone!  I'm not a vampire, I was civilly genetically modified-I'm still a human being."
"Just a better version of one..."
"So I'm going to call Reese and Clyde now, kay?"
I smiled.  I guess I don't hate them now, either.

Ian called them, and I couldn't help but over hear the conversation a little.  He didn't change rooms, so he didn't care, right?
"Hey guys, so Jezabelle's cured now!....Yeah, she doesn't anymore...Right, so she doesn't hate you guys anymore!...Yeah, I know.  Isn't it creepy?...I don't know, let's not worry about that right away.  We have all the time in the world...Well, that's great to hear, thanks guys....Sure, I'm sure that Jezabelle would be good with that!"
Then Ian held the phone and looked at me, "so do you want to meet Clyde and Reese somewhere?  I have to be going somewhere so you could hang with them."
I nodded, I'd love to meet with them.  They acted really nice when I met them before-I just couldn't appreciate them thanks to Leonora.
"Where would you like to go?"
"Um...some park?"
"Okay, sure....Reese, Clyde, go to Longview park, okay?  I'm going to take Jezabelle there in a minute....Bye guys!"

"Where are you going, Ian?"
"I'm going to check out Longview hospital's DNA samples to see if yours matches any there.  And if not, I'll look around.  You have nothing to worry about."
"How exactly will they let you look through DNA samples...?"
"You know, I work for the government of the future.  I have connections."
That sentence made little sense to me, but how could I question it?
"Oh, Ian...I totally forgot about the possibility of finding my parents at all!  You're so awesome for doing this...but how do you know that my parents' DNA will be around here?"
He shrugged.  "I don't, I'll look around.  As long as it takes, Jezabelle.  I don't want you to never meet your parents-I just have to help you."
I smiled wide.  I swear, Ian is the nicest guy alive.
He took my hand, and we were on our way to Longview park.

As quickly as he dropped me off, he left again.  I barely saw him visible by the time I made it to the park.
However, I did notice Reese and Clyde sitting on a bench.  They saw me and smiled, and immediatly got up.

"Hello Jezabelle."
"Hey."
They both backed away as if they'd seen a bug.  "Ha ha, guys.  I don't hate you anymore.  You guys were so nice even when I hated you!  I'm so sorry about that..."
They both shrugged at the same time just like Ian always does.  "We get it, Jezabelle.  Your mind was being controlled by an evil vampire.  There was no way you could've fought it."
"Yes-I know, but still.."
"Well, I'm glad you're back."
I smiled.  So I guess Leonora failed after all.

5 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Finally! And I hope she finds Alex and.... I'm sorry, I'm totally blanking on her mom's name right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know, Jezabelle was annoying ME! LOL. And her mom's name is Rachelle-my name, she's my simself. LOL. I appreciate all the comments :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh this is soooooo goood not its greeeatttt i luuuuuuuuuv this story i think im in luv with a specified gender storie haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you love it.

    I don't know what you mean by a 'specified gender story', though. LOL.

    I think I'm gonna write the next chapter later today, I have already taken the pics (that's the way I write my stories, unlike most sim authors).

    ReplyDelete
  5. ian is being rlly awk making everything so much more awk for jez

    ReplyDelete