Monday, June 27, 2011

Intro

Hello, my name is Jezabelle Evans and I'm seventeen years old.  I live on the moon, a populated moon in the twenty sixth century.

The moon has an atmosphere.  The alien folk called the Brightians have helped us with this atmosphere.  Humans live on the moon because the world has become vastly over populated.  We started colonies on the moon a few centuries ago.  Life was very hard back then here at my home.  The moon used to have many giant domes over it so that people were able to live.  We had to rely on food from Earth.  But now, most of us are vegetarians because we have cut off as much contact from Earth as possible.  They haven't been wanting to help us.  Usually, they just bring people here and that is the end of our relationship.  We're vegetarians because we are able to grow food on the domes that are left, but there are no natural animals on the moon, and we haven't been able to raise animals here healthfully.  It is very expensive, and the reason why we don't have any to raise here isn't necessarily because we can't raise them here but because it would require a lot of funding to bring animals here from spaceships.  And like I already said, Earth wants nothing to do with us except to put people here, in hopes for more space.

The Brightians came to Earth about a century ago, and they were willing to help us on the moon with our atmosphere.  Their planet has so much greenhouse gas emmissions that they lent us some, and we were able to keep them here on the moon.  They also lent us this special gas that brought us more gravity here so that the gasses could stay here-but the information on that is top secret.  I don't know that much about our government or things like that, I know very little about my place in life.

I have always thought of myself as an ugly girl.  I watch tv shows from Earth, and girls like me are usually considered to be very pretty.  But the strange thing is, all the girls here are pretty much the image of perfection.  My lips aren't plump enough, my eyes aren't big enough.  I also don't have candy-colored eyes!  All girl's have such beautiful bright eyes.  Another thing, there are very few girls my age.  Most look like they're in their twenties.
All of the ladies here have brown or black hair (and of course, I have blonde hair.  That's great for a girl's image!), and wear very bright, solid colors.  I try my best with the fashion.  At least I wear a bright shirt, but I hate the super tight jeans that ladies here wear.  I just wear a skirt, even though no one else wears them.
Every single girl I've seen has the perfect lips, perfect makeup, perfect curves, the whole package.  The more cleavage, the better.  While I wear flat sandals since I get a rash if I wear high heels.  I was lucky I could even find the sandals.  They were actually men shoes, maybe they were for cross dressers or something.  Speaking of men-I'd rather not actually.  The men are the opposite of the ladies.
I also wear a low cut shirt, but my cleavage is far from satisfactory.  I have to wear a tank top under it because I hate how low cut it is.  There is no such thing as a 'crewneck' where I live.

This is my guardian, Harah.  When I was a very little girl, I was taken from my home, my family.  I can still picture my parents' faces.  I must have been a little toddler.  But the next thing I remember after that is being here on the moon in the twenty sixth century.  In my memories, nothing was as it is here.  There was green everywhere, and we had a lot less technologies.  The computer was about as high tech as it got.
I remember when I was five, which is when I first questioned it.
"Harah, why do I live here and not in the green?"  Right when I was a young girl I realized that Harah wasn't my mother and I refused to call her that. 
"Honey, I think we need to get your head checked out.  You've always lived here.  This is your home!  I'm your mother, so I would love it if you addressed me as so."
Even so, I always refused to call her mother.  I was a stubborn kid.

This is my house.  The moon's atmosphere is good enough for us to breath, but we have yet to figure out how to grow plants without it costing a fortune or it growing in domes.  Most people's houses here look like mine.  Our planet is gray, and so are the houses.  They're always metal and a shade of gray, and maybe some bricks here and there.  We use rocks for our gardens since they're cheap and plentiful.

I do have some trees and scenery paintings in my room.  I've always longed to go to Earth, and back to my mysterious early child hood.

I don't have any friends.  Everyone on the moon is homeschooled because everything is on the computer. 'Teachers are too expensive.'  Some people hire tutors, but I've always been a very smart girl.  I think that I should have great things in my future.  I am constantly questioning my surroundings.
From the start, there are few to no people my age, and I don't like anyone here.  All of the girls are beautiful snobs, and the guys my age are about as smart as a meteor and as ugly as junk.
But I did meet someone on this Earth chat- her name is giggler290.  We talk all the time about random things in our lives, though usually it has to do with my life.  I'm not sure why, but she tells me very little about herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that you guys like it so far!  Keep in mind, that I've only said one small thing about what this is going to be about in the intro.  Please comment :D.



7 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 It sounds awesome so far!! Love it! =3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good :)
    I'll be following :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the intro and I am loving it so far. Your story is so unique and I can see several interesting options for story-telling. I can't wait to see where you go with this xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it so far! Deffinantly following this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a fantastic start, i think you have 4 chapters up and i'm gonna read em' all. i will probably be biting my nails like waiting for true blood every week!until you post another!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I likes it! The setting on the moon and I am wondering who these Brightians are so I'll be reading the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, I'm glad that you'll be reading it! This story will change so much later. LOL!

    ReplyDelete