Friday, July 15, 2011

Chapter 11

Another year has passed, and I've really been itching to move in with Pumell.  It's not necessarily to be with him all of the time-though that would be a nice bonus-but because I am nineteen years old, and I am sick of living with my 'guardian'.  Harah still treats my like a child, and I am so sick of it.  This seems to be the only way to leave her grasp-I'll never get the money to be able to move out and buy a house on my own.  Pumell and I have been talking about it for a week or so, and I am ready to do it.
Now, the only thing left is to tell Harah my plans, and she no longer has the power to stop me. "Harah, I am going to move to Pumell's house.  I am nineteen, and I no longer need your guidance and money.  I want out."
Harah shook her head hard. "Jezzie, Jezzie, Jezzie.  You will never learn.  You shouldn't mooch on your boyfriend for your money."

"But Harah-I can't get a job-we've already gone through that that's not possible.  Do you know something about that?!  I bet you do!  You said something to everyone so that I'd always have to live out of your hands!"
Harah scowled.  "I have tried very hard to raise you, and I think I have done a pretty darn good job!  But aparently I didn't get it through your head that guys are bad news.  Moving in with him gives him the okay for him to do things to you.  Do you want that?!  And as for why you can't get a job, you'll figure that out eventually."
I fumed.  Tears were forcing to come, and I wanted to scream at the same time.  Pumell won't be like that!  I've known him for a year-he is perfectly nice, perfectly romantic.  And as for the job, what's that supposed to mean?  Does that mean I'll eventually learn about all the mysteries in my life?  Including knowing where Pumell's house is, why everyone is pretty if they're a girl, ugly if they're a guy-but wait, then two Brightians come along and they're not ugly!  And that's only the beginning.  I can't wait until my life's mysteries are revealed.
"So what are you saying?"
"I'm saying that you are foolish, Jezabelle!  But you are nineteen, and I can't keep you here.  Move if that's what you really want!  We all have to learn our lessons."
I ignored her threat, and skipped to my room, questions about my life looming in my head.

When I made my way to my room, I looked around, admiring my old, beautiful room.  Harah and I have renovated my room when I was thirteen to look this way-and I still love it.  I can't believe that I'm going to be leaving it, I'm actually moving!  I'm really going to do this!

I decided to give myself a last go on my computer, giving it special attention as my favorite piece of furniture in the room.

Giggler920: Hey BB, what's up?
brightbabe62:  Hey giggler!  So Harah is letting me move in with Pumell now!  Finally.
Giggler920:  That's great!  What did she say?
brightbabe62: Oh, just how she can't keep me here anymore and that I can move since I'm old enough now.
Giggler920: Sounds like something she would say.
brightbabe62: Yeah!  And she implied that later in my life I will learn about my life's mysteries.  And there's so many of them!  I want later to be now.
Giggler920: Yeah, a lot of weird things happen to you.  Even the moon sounds weird!  I don't blame you for wanting to understand it all.
brightbabe62: So I'm going to go now, I can't wait to meet up with Pumell!  Gotta pack my stuff.
Giggler920: You have fun!

While packing my bags, I laughed to myself.  I just realized that giggler is always on the computer whenever I am!  That kinda creeps me out, shouldn't she have some sort of life?  Heck, maybe even giggler is one of my life's mysteries.  How many does that make?  Eighteen million?

After I was done packing my bags, I instantly went to Pumell's without saying goodbye to Harah.  After setting down my bags, Pumell pulled me in to a nice big hug.  I held him so tight I practically squeezed his guts out!  I'm just so darn happy to say goodbye to Harah!  Well, technically I didn't say goodbye-but that doesn't matter.  She's always acted weird to me, and says many things-yet let's me do them.  Who does that?

After our little reunion, Pumell made us some tofu dogs on his grill to celebrate!
"I'm so glad that you could move in with me, Jezabelle!  I've been looking forward to this for a long time."
"I know!  I'm so glad that I could move in."
"What did Harah say?"
"That she can't rule over me anymore and that I have freedom.  Oh, and you know that she hates you?"
Pumell frowned.  "Yeah, I know."
"But it's not even you you she hates, Pumell.  She hates all guys in general.  She had some bad luck in her younger years..."
I laughed to myself at the statement 'younger years'.  She doesn't look a day past thirty-but surely she is?
"Well, then we should feel sorry for Harah that she has never met the right man and never will.  But you, luckily, have me."
I grinned, "yes, I have you."
I touched his leg, then he touched mine.  Ah, what bliss!  We can act like this all the time now that we're living together...

After lunch, I asked Pumell where the computers are, I had to talk to giggler.  I know I should be spending this time with my boyfriend, but I'll have more than enough time for him later.  After all, we do have all day.
The office was on the same floor as the games, and it was a rather cute little office.  On seeing there were two computers, I did a little happy dance.  That mean that if we both want to be on the computer at the same time, then we can!

brightbabe62: Hey giggler!  You there?...

I was testing my theory that whenever I'm on, she is too.  If she's on-then it's official.

giggler920: Oh hey giggler!

Oh my llama-she is on!  What could that mean...

brightbabe62:  So I moved in with Pumell!  I'm in his office, and it looks rather nice.  There are even two computers!
giggler920:  Oh my llama, that's great, BB!
brightbabe62:  I know...and now that we're living together, I will always be in bliss and we can do anything anytime...
giggler920:  You do have the life, BB...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, Pumell offerred to take me to a club.  I have never been to one before, and I was more than happy to go with him!
I was so excited, that I gave myself a semi makeover.  I put on a one shoulder top and some destressed jeans, fancy shoes, and bangles.  Then, I went to the salon to get my hair done all fancy!  It was really fast to grow the extra hair to make it longer-I can always get it cut later if I want.
Pumell even wore a fancy little number.  He was looking rather smexy.

After we made it in, Pumell bought us some drinks.  Before I took a sip, I laughed to myself!
And to think that a long time ago you had to be twenty one to drink alcohol!
You only have to be eighteen-but there is a catch.  Everyone has to have a little tiny black tracker on the wrist so that the amount of alcohol in your blood is tested with a little tracker that the bartenders have to track every time.  Of course in houses this can't be enforced, so there are still drunk people, but only in houses.  That means there's less of a chance of drunk driving!  I'm glad I didn't live in a time where that was common!
I sucked in a long gulp of my delicious martini.
"This is really good, isn't it Pumell?"
"Yeah, it really is!  We should come here again."
"I agree.  This place really makes me wanna dance."
"Okay-let's finish up our drinks and make our way onto the dance floor."

As we walked to the dance floor, we passed a time machine.  My eyes were transfixed on it, and I slowed my walk.
"Pumell-why is there a time machine in here?"
"I'm not sure, but I've always thought of it as a decorative piece.  This club does have that modern feel."
"Yeah-the modern feel...  Have you ever thought about time traveling?"
He shrugged. "Eh, not really.  I try not to think about things that I can never do.  And since I'm not a scientist, I'll never be able to time travel.  No biggie."
Yes biggie!  I became sad all of a sudden at the realizing that I will never be a scientist too.  I didn't even get to get started with my interview!  Just my name alone turned them off.  I will never get to go in the past or the future.  And what about my past?  What about that?  Surely I will learn why I am here and not where I was born....sometime in life!

I decided to ignore my biting thoughts, and just danced with my boyfriend!  It was a really cool looking club.  When I wasn't staring into Pumell's eyes I was looking around at all the lights.  It was a really cool effect.  I could get used to this.  Drinking and dancing with my boyfriend!?  Ah, this is the life.

Partway through our dancing, I felt my stomach jiggle and lurch.  I tried to ignore it, but since that wasn't working, I excused myself to the ladies room.
I looked at myself in the mirror.  Wow, I look pretty hot tonight!
So I don't have candy, big eyes or brown hair-I will never compare to any of the models here, but I am holding my own in the fashion department.  Tonight, anyway.  Obviously Pumell is okay with how I normally look or he wouldn't be my boyfriend!  At least that's a given.
I smiled to myself and noticed that my makeup wasn't running at all.  I winked at myself in the mirror.
Then, my stomach lurched really high all of a sudden, and I clutched onto it.

I went in a stall and puked.  Was is something I ate?
This is weird, I never puke!  Why would I be puking now?  I didn't eat anything funky.  Those tofu dogs weren't bad at all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know you guys probably think that this is all happening quickly, that's because you don't even know what the rest of this story is about-not really.  Bare with me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment