Friday, July 1, 2011

Chapter 4

I couldn't stop thinking about the other aliens- the Polonialts-that Dumar was telling me about!  It just seems unreal that there would be another species-an extinct species-because the Brightians fought them.  It seems pretty unreal that they would even be able to win.  I guess that's what the Polonialts risked when they abducted them, bringing them to their planet with all of their abdundent technologies.  Humans want to learn-and that's what they were.  For a while.  It's hard to imagine that they would be able to evolve into an all new species, but certainly it could be possible to prove.  After all, the internet said that our species are close enough to be attracted to one another, and obviously that's true...
But this must be a secret-I've never heard it before, I've never learned about it when I learned about the Brightians.  Surely their origin is important enough to learn about!  And yet-here I am, with a Brightian guy whom I've just met-and here he is spilling his culture's secret (at least he seems that way). 
Why would he spill the secret, and why would it be a secret in the first place?
Would some people be discusted that they evolved from us-homo sapiens?  Is that it?  At this time, people are hardly racist (black people are just a darker shade of skin-asians only have more slitted eyes, mostly...), but it's a bit more for aliens.  They're a new skin color entirely, and hair color, and many facial features.

"Okay Dumar-so why did you tell me that?  Is it supposed to be a secret or something?"
"It's not a secret...people just don't talk about it I guess.  It's very depressing to talk about.  Not the being abducted by aliens part, but the part where we ended up annihilating them.  Our species has changed since then.  We prefer not to talk about it.  We don't really want you humans to think that we've become blood thirsty savages.  We wiped them out centuries ago-but we know that people still would look at us wrongly."
"Okay.  Now we're getting somewhere.  It's not a secret, but something not usually said.  Then why did you say it?!"
I always need to know everything-when I have a question, I want it answered.
He shrugged.  I noticed that he was looking at Chesca now.
Great, he's probably bored of my questions, or regretting that he told me.
She was on the stage, playing the guitar for tips (do I smell desperation?).
"Excuse me Jez..."

So he goes up on the stage, and he gives her some simoleons!  Her guitar playing is okay, if you like alien country-which I don't.
"Here you go, Chesca.  I didn't know you played the guitar!"
"Well, I do.  I've played since I was little."
I could tell that she was trying a little hard to play the guitar with him standing there.  I fumed with jealousy and red hot rage, but I had to keep it bottled inside.  I couldn't let Dumar know that I was jealous right after our first conversation.
"Well, you're quite good, Chesca."
I was starting to get annoyed-he was still standing there! You gave her the simoleons-now sit back down!
Stop saying her name!
He moved his arm to the beat-instead of bopping his head like a human would do.
Then, Chesca smiled at him. Grr.  I hate you Chesca.
I was almost about to leave without him, but then he comes to my side, and we walk out together, as if my standing up signaled us both to leave.

Our short walk was silent.
Oh no!  He hates me.  He thinks I'm too inquisitive, and now he likes Chesca.  An older woman that can play guitar.  And what about me!  I'm smart, and I play with chemicals.  What a turn on!
Our hands weren't even close enough to touch this time.  I might as well have been slapped!

But then he stopped. "I have to go home now, Jez.  See ya later."
My shoulders sagged.  I didn't want him to leave. 
Say good bye to Dumar!  You won't be seeing him again.

I watched him go. I was even more frustrated when I noticed he was running.  I found myself wondering...
Maybe he isn't going home but is going to go into that creepy building.  People always come up with reasons why they're going there-but whatever the reason, it's never what's truly happening.  I'm not an idiot.
But deep inside me, I knew the real reason why he was leaving me.  He thought I was lame and ugly.  Chesca was so much better for him in all ways...

I continued to walk, and I saw the salon.
Hey-maybe...
I was contemplating whether or not I should get a makeover.
Yes-get a makeover.  Then I'll be more suitable for Dumar!  Then he'll notice me!

I decided that I would get a makeover-I had some simoleons with me, so why not? 
A guy was the cashier.  That's about the only job they're smart enough for.
"Hello, sir, I woud like to get a makeover."
"Yes miss.  One hundred simoleons."
He talked bad-he missed some words in his second sentence.  It's a good thing it's impossible to mess this job up.  The computer automatically counts my simoleons, and, if I put in the wrong amount, ejects exactly the amount of simoleons more that I gave him, or says how much more I need to give him.
I handed the simoleons, and I waited a little bit for the stylist.

I noticed by the front door a man that was obviously the tattoo artist.  I literally shivered.  He had on some adventure clothes-and tattoos, of course, but he's old and old men with tattoos... *eh*.
Not to mention that he's a guy.  I would never let him give me a tattoo.  Things would go so wrong.

And of course, my stylist was extra...well, stylish.  She wore a light tan outfit.  Only during working hours is it 'okay' to wear dark clothes.
"Hmm...I can see why you came here.  A makeover would do you good.  Is there a reason why you came to get your makeover?"
She sounded as polite as can be, but I was annoyed that she thought I was unstylish even if I was.  And as for assuming a reason...I didn't want it to be obvious that I was falling for an alien that I just met.
"Oh no reason..."
She lifted an eyebrow, but dropped it. Smart move, smart move.
I gave her my input for what I wanted done, and she agreed.

We decided that I would keep my yellow shirt, but she gave me these tight fitting jeans.  She also dyed my hair a light brown (I would not give in to dye it any darker.  I'm a blonde, this is dramatic enough!), and styled it with a little bit of curls.  No girls have their hair up unless they're working-it's just not done.  Unless you're a geek-but I'm not a geek anymore.  The cool thing about my hair is that she put this permanent spray over it.  Like permanent permanent.  It would only come out if the anti permant spray is put on it to reverse it.  In other words, my hair is going to stay perfect and curly without my having to fix it!
"You look lovely, Jezabelle.  That guy will like you now!"
She wouldn't believe that I had a makeover for myself, she had to think that I did it for a guy.  But I did-she was right.

I stepped off the platform, and a new-found confidence spread through my body.  She gave me the look that everyone has here.  I still don't have big boobs or eyes, or the thickest of lips, but I'm better. 
I'll be just fine walking in my heels.  Just fine...

I smiled.  He will want me now. She also gave me this new lipstick, and some more prominent eyeshadow. 'Guys like girls with visible makeup.  Trust me girl.'  She also gave me these contacts which were more bright and cheery.  They were multicolored, in thirds around my eyes.  I was perfect!

I went home knowing that Harah wouldn't be there.  I burst into her bedroom and opened up one of her droors.  Harah is really into jewelry, and I can tell that the guys always love seeing her with her jewelry.  It should do the same for me.

I found a sparkly sliver bracelet and a necklace which I folded into thirds, as well as some silver chandelier earings.  I smirked at myself in the mirror.
You have never looked so lovely, darling.  When Dumar comes along next-he'll be all over me!

Later, I went to the lab on the roof.  To get on the roof you have to go up a pole, but I'm okay with that.  I think it's placed there so that only certain people can make it to the top to access the telescopes.  They are really nice telescopes!
I gazed up at the stars through the eye piece.  They were really beautiful and bright.  I started to find some of the constellations, and I smiled, thinking about aliens.  On one of those distant stars-there could be a new alien race that we have yet to contact.  They could be even more unimaginable than the Brightians.  They could be unconcievable to us!
Then I heard footsteps behind me.
No-it can't be...

But it was.  There was Dumar.
Sheesh, Dumar!  You keep randomly showing up to where ever I am.
And one thing is certain-no one comes to the lab at night except me (even though there are some nice telescopes).
"You look very lovely tonight, Jez."
Then I smirked.  I knew it would work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I'm going to be away this weekend, and I'll get back on Monday.  Most likely the next chapter will be on Tuesday or Wednesday, so you'll have some time to catch up if you need to :).  I LOVE comments, please don't feel shy to send me those comments!  I don't care if I don't know you :). 

There will be a few surprises along the way that none of you can guess.  You can try. But, I don't think you'll succeed.

3 comments:

  1. wow, this is really making for some good reading, i clicked the subscribe by email thing...so will it tell me when chapter 5 is up? or do i click something else? I clicked your siggy on the sims3 site you can always send a message if you like or friend me, my name is atreyough and my screen name is the same....keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read up to this point!

    Oh I knew the Brightians had something to do with humans. Although I thought maybe they were the result of cross breeding or something wild like that, but I was close! They are interesting.

    Hmmm I wonder why the guys are all so useless though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, it's nothing against guys, you'll see why later. My mom started reading this and she's like, 'wow, guys must not read this', and I'm like 'actually yes, it's nothing personal'.

    ReplyDelete