Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chapter 12

 
On that night that Pumell and I were dancing, I wasn't just barfing from drinking my martini (as I had hoped), but when I got home, I tested myself through my shower and asked it for my information (you can ask our showers status of our bodies including weight, bone structure, and if you're pregnant), and it turned out that I was pregnant.  Pumell was pretty good about it, I was simply shocked!  Harah has vaguely mentioned pregnancy to me before, but she would never expand.  At least she wasn't stupid enough to tell me how she bore me!  I am not stupid enough to believe that!  And speaking of Harah, I haven't talked to her since I've moved out.  I'm glad!  She's just creepy.  Something is seriously wrong with her, and I don't even know where to start.

Throughout my pregnancy, I've been vegging at home a lot, I haven't felt like going anywhere at all!  Pumell even encouraged my staying at home, which was odd.

I remember one particular day when Pumell was making us breakfast.  Ever since I've lived with him, he's insisted on cooking even though he's not necessarily good at it.  He burns things often-but we have fun.  He cooks food in front of me and acts like an iron chef.
"Now I just have to toss up the egg-"
He threw the egg perfectly, not a drip fell to the floor.
"Ah, there we go."  He cracked it into a bowl and started beating it.  I giggled.
"Are you ever going to call Harah?"
"Oh-no way.  Harah?  Are you kidding.  She is just...out of this world."
"What, you mean like me?"
"Yes, exactly like you.  You sexy alien you."
He put his hand to his chest, "oh, don't say that."
I raised an eyebrow, hoping I looked sexy.

Soon, he finished our pancakes and we ate them on the island.
"What about you?  You have parents right?"
He shrugged and looked away uncomfortably.  "It's-um...hard to explain."
I raised an eyebrow. "How is it hard to explain?"
"You wouldn't understand."
Instantly, he changed the subject.  "You know you shouldn't leave this house, Jezabelle?"
I laughed at him.  "Why not?"
"I can't-tell you now...I don't want to risk anything."
I gave him a confused look, "what are you talking about?"
"You'll know soon enough-but I can't tell you now.  Just promise me you will never leave this house, even while I'm at work."
"Fine, if it makes you happy, I promise.  I really don't feel like leaving anyway.  What's there out there that's not in here?  I've got you here, much more interesting than the outside world."
We smiled at each other for a long while and my insides churned.

Overall, Pumell has been very supportive of my pregnancy.  I never once felt sad or neglected.  Sure my back hurt a lot, but just the presence of Pumell made it all better!
"Oh Jezabelle-I can't believe that I'm going to be a father.  I just...can't!  Really, I can't."
Pumell has been very nervous of being a father that whenever we talk about the baby or my being pregnant, he becomes very nervous.  I am rather nervous too, but not as my Pumell is.  I am ready, I think I would make a perfect mother.  I can give him or her the 'normal' life that I was never given.  Pumell and I-we're normal.  Harah is covered in a blanket of perfection which I assume has weird stuff underneath that I don't even want to begin to think of.

Often I spent my afternoons reading on the bed and sometimes Pumell would join me.  I loved when he held me, and it helped me transcend even the biggest pain.  He would even talk to the baby in my tummy sometimes.
"Hey babe."  I looked at him (this is a joke we've been doing.), and he looked at me.  "Oh, not that babe, that babe."  He pointed to my tummy.
"You are going to have a nice life-you're mom and I will make nice parents.  And we will keep you safe...yeah.  Yeah, we'll be keeping you safe."
I could see a bead of sweat form on his forehead.  So, so nervous!
"Yeah babe, that was your daddy speaking!  You'll be in good hands.  We both love each other and we're not going anywhere."
Pumell moved his eyebrows up and down and pulled my face in for a hot, passionate kiss.  I squealed inside.

I have been so excited, that we even redecorated one of the rooms in the house just for the new babe (there are a few empty bedrooms, ready for expanse).  We decided to decorate it in anticipation for either gender since we didn't want to mess with that when he or she is born.
Pumell and I visited the nicest places in Bridgeport, and came home to fix the patterns on everything.  There is this really cool gun thing that can change the color of pattern of nearly everything and it's really nice.  Talk about customization!
When everything was all ready, Pumell and I went in the room to admire our handiwork.  This room will be so cute for our future baby!

When we made it inside, I felt pain running up and down my back, so I stretched.  Lucky for me, I have a sensitive boyfriend.
"Ah-let me fix that."
Pumell was like the most amazing massager ever.  If he worked his hand magic across my back, I would instantly be cured.
"Thanks so much, Pumell."
"Sure thing, babe."
When he finished, we stood silent for a little bit looking over the room. "This room will be perfect for our new babe.  He or she will be spending a lot of time in here."
"Um, yeah...he will be.  It is perfect-"
Pumell quickly looked around the room one more time, "Um...I'm going to go now.  Toilets need to be cleaned."
"Alright, see you later."

When Pumell left, I moseyed my way over to the chair in the corner and continued to look around for a little while longer.  Then I looked down at my arms and moved them up, and pictured myself holding my new baby and smiled.  I've never really thought about being a parent before I was pregnant-and now that I am, I can't stop thinking about it all.  I can't wait till I give birth to my baby, to see his little face smile-heck, to even here his screaming baby cry.  And he'll be mine-Pumell's and mine.  We'll be a little family-the baby, Pumell, and I. Now that I think about it-what about us being a family...

I went downstairs to find Pumell, and I saw him putting some laundry in the machine.  He's been babying me in every way since I've been with child-I barely have to do anything except grow and hold my developing baby.
"Pumell-we're going to be getting married-so don't you think that...Well, normally couples with a baby...get married.  Are we going to?"
Pumell put the laundry in the machine and press the go button, and turned to look at me.
"Of course, babe.  We'll get married once you have the baby, whenever we're ready.  There's no rush, of course?"
I shook my head. "Oh, no!  Even if we're not married right away, we'll still be a family in my eyes."
"Good, I was hoping that was what you were going to say."

Lately, I have been getting up in the middle of the night only to feel my little baby inside me.  Sometimes I would get up and stretch a little while I let my baby move and jiggle.  Lucky for Pumell, he was a heavy sleeper.  Usually the baby stopped kicking when I walked around the room a little.  I guess I'm just lucky.

A day soon after, I got up in the middle of the night only to feel the baby kick especially hard, but this time it wasn't just the baby wanting to move-but I felt a contraction!  I held my stomach hard, and I said, "Pumell, it is time."  Pumell didn't budge so I said it again, "Pumell!  It's time!"  He really is a heavy sleeper, I had to go over to him and convulsively shake him before he woke up.
"Wh-what?"
"I am going to have the baby now!"
"Alright-stay here and I'll get the keys."

Soon we made it to the hospital-or at least that's what I thought it was.
When I got inside, I could tell that we were not in a hospital.
"Pumell?  What is this?  Shouldn't I be in a hospital?"
"No-no.  You can't be in a hospital.  You just can't.  Trust me on this."
I just nodded and held my stomach as I was set down in a chair.
"Now-this isn't going to hurt a bit."
A weird contraption was pointed right at my vagina, and suddenly, I felt my whole stomach move and convulse, but it didn't hurt at all.  I blinked, and my baby was already out-it was a boy!
Wow-that thing is awesome...
To think women used to have to go through pain in child birth!  Now, that just seems laughable.
"He looks like a Ross to me."
Pumell smiled at me, "yes, that's a beautiful name, sweetheart.
When I brought Ross home, I went straight for the nursery, and I held him tight as tears of joy streamed down my face. This feels better than I could've ever imagined!
I took a peak at Pumell who was only at the doorway, and he wasn't coming in.
"What's wrong, Pumell?"
"I'm sorry-I just can't do this."
Pumell went away looking troubled.  
My eyes widened. "Sheesh he's a nervous wreck of a father."
I looked at Ross, "isn't that right, sweetie?"
He just started blowing some bubbles as I put him in the crib to join Pumell back in bed.

5 comments:

  1. Ross is so cute! ^_^ I wonder if Pumell is having a change of heart about being a father...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally can comment LOL. I thank a new internet browser.

    Thank you. Well, there is so much more than you could currently guess with what's happening with Pumell. You'll just have to wait and see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why must you make me wait. I love this story too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey looks like Jez life is looking a bit better now, not sure what's going on with Pumell though. I am eager to continue on and see what's going on here because her life is surrounded by so much mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you'll find out soon enough. Then you'll be all O_O.

    ReplyDelete