Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chapter 15

After all of that fun seeing where I was (and I don't think I'll ever get over it), I teleported back to my room.  Of course, that made me wonder why this place was under that building of all places-and what could be in this place above ground.  It seemed too secure to be just another building...

Then, I realized how weak I was and how much my legs were hurting, so I tumbled to the ground.
Gosh, no wonder Harah told me only to teleport once a day.
Not only did I just now teleport twice in one day-but I also have had a lot of action and stress in one day.  So of course I'm going to tumble to the floor in exhaustion!
Once again-this made me think of Colline. Granted Colline didn't experience extreme stress like I did, but she teleported at least twice in one day, maybe even more.  I can understand why she wouldn't be quite as exhausted as me-she didn't go through the stress and worry that I did.  But still-she didn't look the slightest bit more tired from before she teleported the second time.  Surely one would get at least a little tired?
I shrugged it off, because I came up with a theory.  If one would drink a lot, often, for a long period of time (as in, they've done it continuously throughout their life), then they'd probably get used to it and wouldn't get so drunk-or not at all, so it seems in this scenario.  But I am just the one new to teleportation (since I rarely teleport), so I'm exhausted- 'drunk'-from it.  
Yeah, that makes sense.

After falling on the floor, I forced myself to get up a little and grab onto the bed so I can mosey my way up...It was rather difficult, too.  My arms and legs felt like rock.  Slowly, I pulled myself onto the bed-mostly by using my arms (it was very awkward), and I army crawled to my pillow.
I gently lay on the pillow, and my eyes become heavy. Yeah, I think I could go for a nap right now...
Slowly, I found myself drifting to sleep.

Then I was shook awake because I heard the door open.  I barely had time to sleep, and I certainly didn't yet have any dreams.  There was no time to drift into REM sleep!
I slowly opened my eyes to see Flora standing in my doorway.  I looked at her face, then I looked in her arms, and saw a baby.  My Ross.
"Hello Jezabelle.  I heard a high pitched static coming from in here, so I figured that you must be back.  Do you want Ross with you now?"
"Wait-come again, you heard a static coming from in here."
"Yeah, you teleported in here."
So, aparently she knew.  But I was dreadfully confused, or maybe I was just being stubborn.  There are some things in life that you remember clearly, and when others or myself have teleported is high on that list.  Each time when someone would teleport away or near me, I heard no sound.  Harah always assured me that she heard something-so why couldn't I?  But Harah was the only one that told me that, so I just shrugged it off.  What could I think?  Now I was just assured that Harah wasn't the only one that heard it.  I know it's insignificant, but it just adds onto everything else that I don't know, can't do, can't hear.  Everyone probably can hear static when someone teleports.  Probably, and I'm not in on it like with everything else.  People do exaggerate  but I swear that I'm not.
That's when I decided to answer her question, "yeah, thanks.  Put Ross in his crib, please..."  I just want to lay, I don't really feel like holding Ross right now...

When she left, my eyes became heavy again, and I started to drift pretty quickly.  Before I dozed, I contemplated just getting ready for bed and stripping to my bra and panties...but I just fell asleep too quickly to even get up to carry that out.
Just as fast as Flora came in, Colline arrived.
"Hey Jezabelle.  I know that you're extremely exhausted today, and I figured you would be hungry so I brought you some dinner, courtesy of the chef.  We had autumn salad tonight!
I laughed.  "You're kidding, right?"  Then I opened my eyes wider, and my eyes focused and I looked at the food on the plate she was holding. On the plate was autumn salad.
"What do you mean?  Of course we had autumn salad!"
I laughed again, harder, since she was covering it up so well!  It's like they knew autumn salad was my favorite meal, just like Pumell did.  Again, thinking of Pumell, sadness wasn't an emotion that accomanied it, not even sadness.  Nothing.
Then Colline pulled out my nightstand and moved over the lamp, and set down the salad, moving the table closer to me.
"I hope you enjoy.  Now rest up!  Don't worry about getting up early, you need rest."
"Thanks for everything, Colline."
"I'll come up in here tomorrow when you're up."

I slowly got up to eat my autumn salad.  I had contemplated on questioning Colline how she would know that I'm up, but I knew it would be no use.  She'd have some logical explanation.  It could go along the lines of hearing me through Flora.  Obviously she has good hearing if she heard me teleporting in here from the other room, so it shouldn't be that hard to hear me get up if you could hear that.
I tasted a bite of the salad, and I smiled, closing my eyes, but I forced myself to open them wider, because closing my eyes just made me want to fall onto my bed and go into a deep sleep.
After eating the salad, I checked on Ross and fed him before I went to sleep.  Then I took off my clothes and snuggled in my bed.  I fell really quickly.  I slept long and hard.

Right when I was done getting dressed for the day, Colline barged in.  It was funny, I wasn't doubting that she'd be in there when I woke up, but certainly not in such perfect timing.
"Good morning, Jezabelle.  Did you sleep good?"
I thought of my night, "oh yes, I slept long and hard.  I didn't wake up once!"...which surprised me.  Ross didn't wake me up once, and that never happens!  I thought babies often needed to be changed, given attention, or were hungry in the middle of the night-it was surprising he never woke me up once.  He must've been exhausted as I was.
"Well, I'm glad.  It is actually about eleven o' clock, and the ladies are sitting down waiting for breakfast.  Why don't you join us?"
"Sure, that sounds really nice!  I would love to meet all of the women here."
"I'm glad!  We can bring Ross to the daycare."
I grinned wide, happy that I was going to be talking to a bunch of ladies-and if Colline and Flora reflect the women here, then I lived with a truly superb group of women indeed.

When we made it to the dining room, I was amazed and confused by the room.  There were many tables-two rows of long tables, with many seats.  But, the thing was, the seats weren't filled and brimming with ladies.  But the decor was really nice and fancy-but still, what's up with the lack of furniture?
I probably had a very weird look on my face.  I tried my best to hide it since I need to emanate a good first impression, but some probably had detected it, I just hoped they didn't think I was being rude or ungrateful.
"Hello ladies, this is Jezabelle.  She's new here.  I brought her yesterday with her baby Ross-you'll meet him eventually.  She was rather exhausted yesterday with all of the teleporting, but she is good now and will be eating lunch with us."
I bet that they don't get exhausted from teleporting.  At least, with everything that has happened-it would be weird if they were like me!
Colline speed walked to a chair, and I slowly walked to the chair opposite of her, next to a lady in a purple shirt.

I would feel uncomfortable, usually, since all of the women I've ever met have this cold politeness about them, but I didn't feel this way around them.  They emanated a truly sincere welcome over me that I couldn't help but smile.
Flora looked at me, "hey Jezabelle.  Jezabelle, right?"
"Yes, I'm Jezabelle.  Hey-why aren't you watching the kids?"
She giggled.  "I don't always watch them!  All of us ladies exchange that position at some point.  You may take care of them sometime.  But, there used to be a lot more..."
"What do you mean?"
"Some of these kid's moms rarely come to see them.  They just want to keep their normal lives with everyone else, and don't want the burden of living down here.  Some see their kids on weekends, others on holidays, some we never see anymore.  It's really quite sad."
"That is really sad!"
"Yes.  And I know you won't be that way, Jezabelle."
"Oh no.  I plan on staying with Ross, here", because I no longer have a life above ground, "I would also love to take care of the little girls.  They're all adorable."  The women looked at me with neutral expressions.

Soon, we got our lunch, and it was so decadent.
"Hey Jezabelle, how are you liking it here so far?"
"Well-I've barely been here.  I do like what I've seen, though.  I do have a question, though."
"Yes?"
"Why are all of the children girls?"
"Oh-that's because we've only wanted girls, and none of us acquired babies naturally."
I gave her a slightly rude look, since I had a boy.
"Oh-I'm sorry, you do have a baby boy, don't you?"  I nodded, annoyed.
"Yes-I'm sure he won't turn out like every other boy...he won't be like the others."
I rolled my eyes. Of course he won't.  Since Pumell wasn't-then surely Ross will be like him, right?
We continued to eat, and little conversation encompassed the table.

After lunch, I found that all of the women surrounded me.
An asian looking woman talked.  "Did you like lunch?  I made it, I am the chef.  I try my hardest to please everyone-and I would especially like to please you-you're Jezabelle Evans!"
All of the women around nodded and agreed.  "Yes, we aim to please you."
I laughed nervously.  Talk about a warm welcome...
"Erm, thanks?"
"All of us would like to help you with anything you need, we're all here."  They all nodded in agreement.
"Um-where exactly can I go in here?"
"We have a lot of entertainment here.  You are more than welcome to look for yourself, but if you're looking for something specific, we'll guide you there."
"That's so nice of you guys-".  Now they're starting to sound like Harah!
"Um-where do you have computers?"
Flora spoke up, "oh, we have some right next door."
All of the women just stood there and continued to stare at me, and I got the signal that I would have to be the one to leave first.
"Thanks everyone."  I went to the room with the computers.

I made it to the room, and it had the same simple, clean atmosphere of my room.  There were some electronic games in there too, along with a good amount of computers, and I gave myself a mental note to try one of those sometime.
I slowly made my way to a computer, sat down on the chair, and sighed happily.

Quickly, I made my way onto chat, because I just had to tell giggler what happened.

Giggler920: Hey BB, what's up?
Brightbabe62: Oh, everything's up.  Yesturday I left home because Pumell told me that Ross was in trouble and it's illegal to have babies here-can you believe that?  So to keep him safe, I left the house.  I know it sounds crazy, and looking back it probably was, but I had a gut feeling everything would be fine.  And it was, and you wouldn't be-lieve where I am right now.
Giggler920: OMG, this story is intriguing me...
Brightbabe62: This isn't a story!  It actually did happen.  And now I'm in some freaking underground-room thing-where my baby is safe.  There are other kids here so that the government doesn't kill them!
Giggler920: You're funny, BB.
Brightbabe62:  Oh, I wish I was joking-or do I-but anyway, I tell you the truth.
Giggler920: Holy mother of all things good and holy-
Brightbabe62: Yes, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment