Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chapter 2

Later, when I got home, Harah made me do the dishes.  She makes about as much sense as a bird sometimes!  She wishes me to be on her good side, then she wants me to do the dishes from hours ago that stink like rotten cheese.
At least doing the dishes isn't that bad.  I don't have to hand wash them!  They just instantly go into the dishwasher, and all is good.  No rinsing, no throwing away the crumbs.  The waterproof robot hands does it all!  It disintegrates every food bit and it goes right into our food processor.
Harah is like a pet in certain ways.  She's nice to you no matter what you do-but I have to do work for her sometimes.  If she wants to be on my good side, why do I have to do anything for her?  I don't mean to sound like a snob, but I'm just contemplating the situation.  Putting the dishes in the dishwasher isn't that bad.  They're gross today, so I'm going to take a shower now.  Note to self: don't leave the house without putting the dishes into the dishwasher.

Later, I snuggled myself into my bed in my giant bedroom.  Since Harah always wants to be on my good side, she gave me the master bedroom.  She has a normal bed while I have the hover bed.  The sheets and matress are as soft and light as clouds, and the bed itself feels as light as a cloud, since it hovers over the ground, courtesy of very strong magnets repelling.

The next day I felt like going to the lab to do my school work.  Why?  I don't know, I was foolish.  A few kids were there that I know and not too fond of.  But, I went anyway.  The pretty girls sometimes hang with the guys.  If they looked normal, sure, I would understand.  But since they're not, I don't get it.  Shouldn't they hang with 'their own kind' or something?  I think she does because she's literally like one of two other girls here my age.
I looked over at the guys' computer, and I saw that they were playing some stupid sports game.  Of course, they weren't even doing their school work.  Guys shouldn't even have to be in school, because I have not met a single guy here that's half as intelligent as a girl.
 "Hey guys-watch this.  I'm going to put a whoopee cushion right here.  I heard that Mrs. Plooton is coming in the lab soon."
The blonde one spoke, "yeah Niki, that be epic!"
The brown haired one spoke, "ha ha!  She'll make a funny farty noise!
"Yeah, that'd be so hilarious!"
They both laughed idiotically.
The girl spoke, "guys, chill.  You're making fools of yourselves.  We can just watch her face-then we can mock her."
I was glad that they didn't even see me standing there.  I didn't really want to talk with them.  I am stupid for coming here.  But I'll just do my work anyway.

She went over to the chair and put a whoopee cushion on it.
Most girls are much more mature than Niki is.  It's almost as if 'leaving her own kind' has made her more immature or something.  I'm surprised she hasn't sprouted a mole or something.  I really hate her.  She's about the meanest girl my age-though she's one of the two there are, granted, but still.  I hate her pretty little guts.

Finally, she noticed me.
Why did I come here?  I'm an idiot.
She's one of those innocent mean girls. "Oh, hi Jezzie!  What are you doing here! I wasn't expecting you.  I forgot to throw a welcome party!"
She knows that I hate when Harah calls me Jezzie, so of course she does too.  Her words were filled with sarcasm, through and through.
Sometimes, you have to fight meteors with meteors, or in this case, sarcasm with sarcasm.
"Oh, thanks for the warm welcome, Nikola!  I really appreciate it.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to waste away my life and play computer games."
I have my practice.
She grimaced at me, and walked to her desk.

Soon, we all noticed Mrs. Plooton coming through the elevator.
Some of these adults, such as herself, are ignorant of Niki's mean girl ways, so they always act nice to her.  Figures.  All of the women have to act so nice-and then there's Niki- the girl in her own species.
"Good morning Mrs. Plooton!  You look very tired.  You should take a seat."
She walked over to the chair, and raised her arms out to it.
"That's very kind of you Ms. Averon!  I am a bit sleepy.  I will sit a bit before I start work."
"Yes-you do that Mrs. Plooton."
So Mrs. Plooton sat on it, and the loud farty noise sounded.  The guys and Niki snickered.  The guys were a little bit louder than hers were, and she gave them a warning glance.  She really treats them like dogs.
But Mrs. Plooton was too nice to say anything.  She just got right up, and went to the inventing station.
Idiots.  I just rolled my eyes.
I could go over there and apologize for her, but there's a few problems with that.
One, I hate all of the girls' perfect little egos, so that's not happening.
Two, that'll just give Niki and the guys a reason to hate me more.  I would rather not be hated any more than I already am from them, even though I myself hate them.

I ignored them all, and got busy on my English paper.
It was really easy.  I'll get done with it in just an hour!  The topic was moon life versus Earth life.  I was trying to give reasons why it was better to live on the moon, and then argue why it's better to live on the Earth.  I would choose the Earth, but there are a few good things that come with living on the moon.  For instance, on the moon it's not over crowded, and the air is fresh.  Also, you can't find zero gravity rooms on Earth-but you can here.  They're out of this world, and a way that's literal.  This isn't Earth, and technically this isn't a planet.
I also mentioned how a lot of people on the moon are vegetarians, since meat is expensive and rare to nonexistent.  We tend to live more healthfully and walk more distances.
But on Earth, of course there's better technology, plants everywhere (that's what I long for), great hospitals and medicines, and a lot more that I can't think of off the top of my head.  If I could choose to live on the moon or the Earth, I would choose Earth, but I don't have that luxery.

Then I heard Scott (blonde haired) and Jamin talking.
"I'm almost on the hundreth level, Jamin!"
"That's epic sauce!  But my dang computer crashed."
Niki budged into the conversation, "Scott, did you have twenty four windows open again on the internet?"
He looked down in shame. "Yes."
I hate Niki so freaking much.  I don't like them either, and they are idiots, but she treats them like she can rule them, tell them what to do.
Jamin says, "what did you even have on those tabs?"
Then Scott starting laughing, and Jamin followed suit.  It was something naughty.  Figures.

After a while, I get on chat with giggler when I was done with my paper and all of my other work.

giggler920: hey grl, how's it goin?
brightbabe62: fine I guess.  I was stupid enough to go to the lab to do school work today-Niki and her idiot guys are here.
giggler920: causin you any trouble?
brightbabe62: a little, not really.  You know I know how to fend them off.  Fight sarcasm with sarcasm.
giggler920: LOL.  Totally!

Then, to my delight, Niki just has to strut right on over to me.
"Oh, ha ha!  You talk on a chat since you have no real friends."
"Who the fuck is brightbabe?"
I gave her the look filled with fire.
"Oh!  That's you.  Figures you wouldn't have the cool name."
"Oh?  So we're causin you some trouble?  Why don't we get out of your way, Jezzie."
She starts to walk away from me, but before she does, she messes up my hair.
I wait until she's away to fix it.
Of course she had to glance over my shoulder.

Later (right after that incident, actually), I went to the recycling center to recycle some things that need to be recycled.
As I was walking to the building I saw a television.
That tv is so old!  Ha ha.  It looks like it's from the twentieth century!  Who still has tv's like that?
I laughed in spite of myself.  But seriously, no one has tv's like that anymore!  The tv didn't even look old, which was weird.

As I was walking through, I saw two girl lovers.
There is a problem for us girls on the moon.  The guys are ugly and incompetent, so sometimes girls go for their own kind. We're beautiful and smart, so why shouldn't we go for each other?  That's the thought.  Some girls do go for the guys here, but they must be really desperate girls, the kind that think you have to be with the opposite gender.  The guys tend to oogle the girls since they're all beautiful, and they tend to be more picky with whom they like.  Since they're all beautiful, they can not like a girl because she has green eyes (but is perfectly gorgeous), and instead go for the girl with blue eyes.  But since they usually don't go for the ugly guys, they're stuck.  The guys tend to be gay as well.  Then of course, some of us stay single forever because of the bad choices.  I've always thought that would be me.  No way am I going to get with one of the perfect girls, or the ugly, stupid guys!  Nothing is good enough for me.

I turned my attention to the giant recycler, and I put my stuff in it.  It's a shoot that goes to this really big machine that grinds it all up, perfect for another usage. 
Then I heard footsteps, and I was pretty sure they weren't of the lovers.  This was one set of footsteps.

I turned around, and I saw a guy beside me.  He was a Brightian.  My eyes buldged out of their sockets.  He wasn't ugly!  He wasn't ugly at all.  He had a normal fashion sense, and wasn't too fat or too skinny.
He smiled at me. "Hello Ms. I'm Dumar."
But I was feeling incredibly weak.  I've never seen a cute guy in my life-and he was a Brightian.  A Brightian.  They're always ugly, always incompetent.  And now that I think of it, I've never seen a Brightian guy.  All of the ones that have settled here have been women for some reason.
I faintly nodded at him, and I went to leave.  I would topple over if I stayed a moment longer.

When I got home, Harah was instantly standing by the stairs waiting to greet me.
"Hello, Jezzie.  How did your school work go?"
She looked really tired, and she stretched and itched her ear.
Geez.  Why does she have to look good even when she's itching?  She never gets a red mark.  I don't see any chin buldge!
"Fine Harah, it was fine."
I quickened my speed to get upstairs.

I hopped onto my computer, and I looked up everything I could about Brightians.
One site I found was about Brightians and humans.  A few things caught my eye.

...when a human or Brightian is interested in one another, but not necessary a reciprocal relationship, this is called xenosexuality.  This is another variant of sexual orientation that people have, and it is perfectly allowed....

...Humans and Brightians are so close in genes that they often find each other attracted to one another...

My face became a contorted mess.  No-certainly I don't have the xenosexuality!  Of course I don't!
But then Dumar's face was stuck in my mind.  He was alien, that's for sure, but just about the most good looking alien I've ever seen.

1 comment:

  1. I've read all the way to the end of chapter 4. I'm posting here since there aren't any comments here yet. I can't wait to read chapter 5! Dumar looks like a perfect match for her. I'll comment when the next chapter is up. Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete