Thursday, July 7, 2011

Chapter 7

Now that I'm old enough, I've been wanting to move out of my 'mother' Harah's grasp.
"Harah, I'm eighteen now, I wanna move out.  It's time."
"Yeah, and where are you gonna go?"
An idea sprung in my head. Hmm, couldn't I move in with Dumar?  He recently bought a house, so I'm sure he'd let me move in with him.
But, I wasn't exactly going to mention Dumar.  What would she say to that?
"You cannot move out.  You'll know the reason later in your life, Jezzie."
"What about getting a job as a scientist?"
She laughed.
"Jezabelle-who's going to let you be a scientist?

I continued to stare at her, but I started to drown out her words.  How can Harah leave me locked up here 'until I know the reason?'  What's that supposed to mean?  She doesn't want me to taste freedom, or become a scientist-the job of my dreams!  What does she know?  Of course I'd do it!  Why wouldn't anyone want to hire me?  I'm smart, and I'd be on time.  I have the curiosity!  Harah's hiding something from me.
"Are you listening to me Jezabelle?!"
"What?  No."
"Ugh.  Well, listen to me now.  You will not be moving out, and you will not get a job no matter how hard you try.  Mark my words, you will not succeed with either."
Harah, why do you lie to me?  Don't you want me to move on with my life?  Come on, isn't it a parent's dream for their kid to move out so you won't have to worry about me anymore?
The next day, I spent the whole afternoon with Dumar, and when he dropped me off at home, he said,
"Jezabelle-I have some business I have to take care of.  I got a new job, you know."
"What job?!"
I have been asking him lately what it is-and he won't tell me!
He smirked at me, "I wish I could tell you, but I can't."
To make me happy, he took me in for a passionate kiss and I forgot all about his job.
"So-I have to go now.  Talk with you later!"
"Bye."

When I got inside, I became curious, wondering where he would go.  So, I spied at him through the blinds.
But he wasn't just casually walking away-he was running.
Okay, what's the deal?
I had a gut feeling that he wasn't running because he was late for work.  He is just like Harah with her mysterious job.  Heck, maybe they have the same job!
Suddenly, a mischevious thought passed through my mind.  Follow him, see what he's up to.

So I went outside, slowly, so carefully, so he wouldn't see me or hear me.
A minute later, I saw him passing through the subway.
That's weird-we never go through the subway together.
Dumar and I walk together, everywhere, our little moon base is small enough.
Well-he must be running late.
I wasn't going to just leave then and there though, I went in the subway to follow him.  I didn't see him when I got in there, but I had another gut feeling and I went with it.

My gut feeling was right.  I thought he'd be in that park we first met in.  I went to hide behind some hedges.  No one else was there besides Dumar, me, and that slimy bitch Chesca!
They were giving each other googly eyes.  I wasn't happy when I saw them, but my head almost exploded when I heard them talking.
"Oh Dumar, you romantic!  Why don't you come over to my place?  We haven't had sex in nearly a week!"
My whole body became jittery.  This girl is playin me-she's not actually with Dumar.  They've never had sex!
"Great idea Chessie.  Let's head on over to your place."
I fumed.  He has a nickname for her and not for me!  A very lame nickname, but isn't that what pet name nicknames are all about?

I was still willing to disbelieve the scene before me, when Dumar took her back and pulled her in-and gave her a hot kiss.  She held his back and squealed in delight!
Upon seeing this, I felt like crumbling into a million pieces.
No, Dumar is not the type to cheat.  He's too nice to cheat!
While I was thinking, I noticed that they were still mackin on each other.  Tears were starting to form in my eyes, but I forced them away.  No more Misses nice girlfriend.

I got up from my hiding place and stamped over to them.  On my way, they didn't even notice me.  They were still too busy staring at each other with those gushy eyes.

Anger rolled up in my veins, I decided not to let Dumar have it easy.
"How could you Dumar.  How c-c-c-could you?!"
Dumar's reaction wasn't the type one would expect in a situation like this. "What?  I thought you were at home.  You weren't supposed to follow me!  This is all your fault, Jez!!"
"What, so now it's my fault that you're cheating on this ugly bitch?"
"No, it's your fault that you spied on me and followed me!  Get out of my personal life."
I gave him a mad, annoyed look.  Dumar is acting so childish and immature.  This isn't the Dumar I did know and love!
I took a quick glance at Chesca.  She didn't even care to give us space, or look guilty, nothing!  She was looking out into the distance as if she was still staring heart-eyed at Dumar!  My Dumar!

I slapped him.  He wasn't even willing to say he's sorry!  Somehow, he is able to blame it all on me when I did nothing!  I expected something was fishy, so I followed him.  Any curious girl would!  My boyfriend was acting weird, so I had a gut feeling that I should follow him.  Well, I'm glad I did.  How long has he been dating this bitch behind my back?  It must be a few months!  He's been acting weird for a long time.
How could I have been so stupid?
Luckily, I saw that Chesca was giving us some space.  When a guy sees their girlfriend messing around, they usually go for the guy, but this is different.  Dumar is mine-not this girl Chesca's.  Who does she think she is?  Stealing my boyfriend....And heck, they've had sex!?  Dumar and I haven't even went there in our heads yet.  So now she's better than me!
"You know we're over, Dumar.  How could you!?"
Then, he did the unthinkable, he says, "okay."  And he freaking shrugs.  He walks right back over to Chesca, and says, "so how 'bout we go on over to your place and have sex like we talked about?"
She smiled at him, forgetting all about me being in the same dome, "yes, Dumar, let's go."

I went in the subway to get home, wanting to get back as soon as possible.
As usual, Harah was right there, waiting to greet me.
Is she psychic, or something?  Is that her deal?
I wiped that stupid thought out of my head, and went right back thinking to my betrayl.
Harah saw my tear drenched, mad face, "Jezzie, what's the matter?"
Really, she uses Jezzie as others would use honey.  It's nice I guess, but I still hate it.
"Dumar!  D-D-Dumar..."
"Oh, Jezzie.  Did he betray you?  I'm so sorry."
Harah went in to hug me, but I wouldn't let her.  Instead, I threw my fists up in anger.
"Okay, sorry, no hug."

I ran up to my room to cry.  Before I could even make it to my unmade bed, I could feel the teers coming.
How could I have been such a fool?  Get it through your head:  a guy like Dumar would never want me.  He's not even human!  He's a Brightian.  Of course he'd want someone of his own species-someone as gorgeous as he is handsome!  Why didn't I see that he really wanted Chesca on those days I saw them acting friendly together?
I can't give up on guys, though.  I will not be alone like Harah!  If another cute one comes around, I will give him a shot.  That is, if he even knows of my existence.

My tears flowed more.  Why would there even be another cute one?  It was a miracle that there was even Dumar.  He is the first and last of the cute guys on the moon.  I...blew it.

I plopped on my bed, and continued to cry until I was out of tears, and too tired to continue.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I can't believe Dumar acted like that!
    Good chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww :( that was so sad...I can't believe that happened. Poor Jez! I'm so mad at Dumar right now... I can't believe he would do that to poor, poor Jez... I hope they get back together, though. Dumar is a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Poor Jezabelle. This world is Bridgeport??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it's actually a custom world. Moon Base something or other.

    ReplyDelete