Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Chapter 17

A few weeks later, I decided that I've had it with Ross!  He's gotten to be so...I don't know...Like every other guy on the moon?

brightbabe62: Hey giggler, am I a bad mom?  I feel like I get bad vibes from my little Ross.  He's so...I don't know.  He's such a guy.
giggler920: Hmm, I don't know what to tell you.  But your vibes must be right, otherwise you wouldn't be having them.
brightbabe62: Hmm, yeah, I guess.
giggler920: I think you're gonna know what's happening in your life soon.
brightbabe62: Giggler, what are you talking about?
giggler920: *sigh*.  Just look behind you.

I did, and I saw a guy-but not just any guy.  He had that same android skin I remembered from a long time ago when I was upstairs on the first floor-trying to go into the hallway.  He was really handsome, for an android, something nonliving.
But ew-oh ma llama-he's a guy.  
I scowled.  I just can't deal with guys anymore.  They're despicable.

brightbabe62: Um...how did you know someone was behind me?
giggler920:  Let's just call it a girl's intuition.
brightbabe62: What do you mean 'let's call it'?  You're starting to sound like...well, everyone but me.
giggler920: I think you should talk to him.
brightbabe62: Ew, what could he have to tell me?

The android looked at me and said in perfect English, "come here, please."  Even though I didn't like him at all, I decided I would.  If giggler thinks I should, then I guess I will.

brighbabe62: Bye
giggler920: Bye for now.

"Jezabelle, you are ready.  No one thinks you're going to be able to do this on your own...and we know you're ready for this."
I scowled at him.  "Why are you talking to me?  What are you ready for?"
"See, this is why you're ready-and...you're ready for everything.  You know what I'm talking about."
I decided to let him slide by not answering me properly, but I did gape at him.
He's going to tell me everything?  Like...what I don't know, and why...
"First, we have to go and get your son."
I frowned, I didn't feel like seeing my son.
"We must, Jezabelle.  Come with me."

We teleported to the day care room, and I picked my Ross.  Then I looked around-no one was there.  No other little kids, no supervisor.  I looked at Ross for reassurance.
"Ross, are you okay?"
"Yes, ma, of course I'm okay."
"But honey-there's no one here?"
"Yeah, that's not needed."
I've become quite used to his speech lately...  But I'm not so used to him saying that he needs no supervision. He's two!
Then the android spoke, come, we need to teleport somewhere else.  He touched my hand and we were off before I could protest.
But I can't teleport more than once in a day, or I'll be exhausted...I'm not like the rest of you!

Just as I was finishing my thought, we were in front of this big meteor hole outside of town that I don't ever remember seeing.  I blinked and rubbed my eyes.  For some reason it was just so surreal to be somewhere so close, that I've never seen before.
"Um-where are we?"
"You'll see in a moment.  I have to go-you're going to be alone with Ross for a moment.  Then, when you're ready, you'll teleport somewhere else."
Before I could ask where, he left.

I started to panic inside while holding Ross. 
I don't really know where I am.  Where am I supposed to teleport next to?  What was he talking about-?
But then I laughed to myself.  This has happened to me before, where people don't finish telling me something and I just don't know, but then when it happens, I know just what they're talking about!  This must be one of those times.
I sighed, in half-hearted reassurance.

Then, all of a sudden, a strange woman stood before me.  I backed away I was so frightened.  She was just there for a minute where she hadn't before.  It wasn't that I even blinked and she was there-she simply appeared before my eyes, no lights indicated she had teleported there.
Um, what is going on?
Her grotesque legs were coming toward me.  She had scales covered all over a green body.  Her nose was narrow, and she had small lips covered in yellow lipstick.  Even more despicable, she had giant yellow eyes.  Her figure was almost nonexistent-she looked really emaciated.

Then she walked toward me and gave me a peace sign. Well, that's good, at least she doesn't want to hurt me. Still a little grossed out, I gave her a peace sign back.
Then, she spoke without a hint of any sort of accent.
"Hello, Jezabelle.  We have been waiting for your arrival.  This must mean you're ready."
"Um-you've been waiting for me?  I'm ready?"
"Yes, me and my husband have been waiting for you.  You know that you're ready, you've already had the android talk to you."
"Um...how do you know?"
She laughed just how anyone would, "everyone here knows, Jezabelle.  In a short while it'll be obvious why we know.  But you're, um-".  I couldn't help it.
"I'm a Polonialt."
"Wait-you couldn't possibly be..."
I suddenly remembered that story Dumar told me all those years ago (oh, how I hate Dumar).  He mentioned that his race had wiped out the Polonialts after they were abducted and brought them to their home planet.
I backed away slightly, afraid that she could be violent.
Then she laughed (that same laugh that everyone laughs), "Yes, Jezabelle.  We were extinct-that's the story."
"So what, a few of you hid away on the moon after giving that gravity substance?"
"Wow, you really have no clue, do you Jezabelle?  I don't blame you, not many people would."

Then, all of a sudden a new Polonialt appeared before us.  He was clearly a male version, and he started scolding his wife.
"Hey!  I was going to be the one to introduce myself to Jezabelle."
"Well-um...not everyone gets to introduce themselves first, I wanted to!"
"Everyone does!  Now just lay off while I introduce myself to her."
He slowly shifted his gaze to me, and I stared at him and shrieked.  This alien was extremely strong.  This made me think that he deprived his wife of nutrients while he ate all their food.
Oh, that's so rotten of him!  But, after all, he is a guy.
Then I realized that I had put Ross down on seeing the Polonialt woman, and I picked him up.
Before the Polonialt man could reach me, everything went black.

Then, all of a sudden, I was in a white room.  What confused me is that no light accompanied my arrival-suddenly I was just there like The Polonialts and the android had.
Seriously.  What is freaking going on?
Suddenly I knew I was crazy, because I saw a woman receptionist in a bikini.  "Um-am I dreaming?"
She laughed.  "No, you're not dreaming."
I looked around and cringed.  I was on the first floor of the building...
"They will see you now."
"What are you talking about?"
"Go into the hallway."
"Where?"
She didn't answer, so I just went into the hallway on my left.

I started to walk down the hallway, slightly afraid that an android would appear before me even though the receptionist told me I could go down.  I held Ross tighter for my assurance more than anything else.
Oh Ross-why did you have to be a boy?  Why couldn't you have been a girl?  Everything would be so much easier...

Before I could make it to a door, I was suddenly in a room without doors.  I appeared in there the same way as I did in the front of the building.
I looked in front of me and to the left.  The room was completely bare-just white walls and metallic flooring.
I breathed deeply.
"What the heck is going on here?  Would someone explain to me what's going on?"
Today was making me crazy.  No one was in the room!  So who did I think was going to answer?

Then I turned around, and there was a weird metal...thing.
"Jezabelle, you want to know everything, don't you?"
"Yes."
"And you hate guys?"
I gave him a weird look, but I didn't want to be rude even if he was a guy.
"Then, come inside."
Some man-lady started to push me.
"Wait-are you going to take away Ross?"
The guy shrugged.  "Not exactly."
I continued to walk toward the thing, and when I made it inside, everything went black, and after a minute I tried to feel Ross in my hands.  But suddenly, I realized he was gone.

1 comment: