Monday, August 8, 2011

Chapter 25

I know that my last chapter was rather short, so I wrote a rather long one this time.  I hope you all enjoy :D.

I was looking through my telescope at the stars, continuing to track the numerous constellations.  In a moment, I found the constellation called the Phoenix.  As the name implies, it is that of a bird.  I consider a bird-since it was flying, to symbolize moving on.  And in my case, with my life.  So I live in the real world now, knowing little people-I should go like a bird and move on.  It is becoming quite difficult, but I have surprised myself through not having a mental break down-at least not yet.  It's very difficult for me to have a mental break down when I'm always with Ian.  He is just making me so happy!
"Ian, seriously!  Let me show you the Phoenix..."
"It's alright, Jezabelle.  I bought this for you.  I don't want to invade on your star gazing."
It's true.  Recently Ian had bought me this telescope and brought it on the roof.  How?  I have no idea.  I know that he can teleport, but I didn't know that he had super human strength.  Knowing him he probably had a 'connection' to someone with a lifter of some sort, and did that while I was sleeping or something, since we have been practically inseparable since he had left to find the DNA of my parents.  He doesn't have a job, and neither do I.  Or I guess, I am his job.  I don't know-I think I'm out of the job description, but obviously he has adjusted.  He brought so much money with him from the future.  I'm sure that money is worth more now than in the future.  Just as how everything was drastically cheaper in the past, that most likely means the opposite for the future.

I decided I was done looking through the telescope for a while since I wanted to look at the stars with Ian.  It isn't always as fun to just watch them by myself.  I wish that he would just kind of go along with it, and look at the stars with me through the telescope.  I could point them out to him, and he could laugh.  But, he doesn't want to 'steal my telescope time', so sitting on the roof with him should suffice.
I wish I could understand why he has been so weird about that.  Even when we go to the lab to look through the telescopes, he just doesn't even though there are multiple ones.  It's almost as if he has star phobia.

I sat down on the roof hoping that Ian would join me.  I noticed that he was still standing near the telescope looking at the stars as if in a daze, so I decided to invite him over.
"Ian, come sit by me and watch the stars."
He stood there a minute longer not moving, then he heard me.  "Oh yes-sure Jezabelle."
He hunkered down near me, but not quite near enough.  I frowned that he needed so much bubble room, but I figured there was no use pushing the subject.
I started pointing out various constellations to him.  I traced them with my fingers, but no bait.  Ian was zoning out.  What could he possibly have against stars?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I sat on a lounge chair in Ian's 'office'.  It was actually an open room right near the edge of the room-if that makes any sense.  I love how I can see below to the first floor.  Ian sure has really great 'connections' to be able to afford such a magnificent house.  But as I already said before, in the future everything must cost more, so I'm sure that this house was a bargain-in his eyes.
I wasn't doing much as I sat on the chair besides looking over the view.  I didn't feel like reading.  I was perfectly content watching Ian surfing on the computer.

All of a sudden, his computer crashed.  It was pretty bad-it got really smoky.  I considered this funny in a way, because in 'my world', nothing ever broke.  I suppose there must have been corruptions or checks needed since the people of the world often went to that one building to get checked out, but breakage was never apparent to me.

Ian whipped out some tools from various doors in the desk and got to work on fixing it.  Frankly, I wasn't surprised that he could fix the computer.  It seems like Ian could do anything that was necessary.  Or, at least,  nothing that he couldn't do has yet arisen.  He has even found out the name of my likely father-Alexandar Evans!  Come on, that's a feat in itself!  I still find it incredible that he found my real father, but I haven't yet got up the courage to ask for him to look more into it.

In merely a few more minutes, I looked over at the computer screen and noticed that it was working in perfect condition again.  It's funny, you'd think since it was smoking that it would take more than a mere tool or two to fix it, but that wasn't so.  Heck, Ian could've fixed it with his teeth!

Speaking of Alexandar Evans...I looked closer at the web page he had opened, and I realized that he was googling him to see what he could find.  Surpringly, I saw many results on his computer screen.  I decided I would ask him what he was finding..
"Hey Ian, so you're looking up my father I see.  What kind of stuff are you finding?"
"Oh, um..contact information, the name of his spouse.  That type of stuff.  It turns out your prospective mother's name is Rachelle (Ray-chel)."
I smiled, glad that he found out my mother's name.
"Anything else?"
"Yes..I looked up your mother's name, and I found a lot of documents about lucid dreaming."
He clicked on one of the links and skimmed through it.
"It looks like she is an avid lucid dreamer.  A lucid dream is a dream in which you know you are dreaming while in the dream."
I laughed to myself in surprise.  In a way, I've been living in a dream-but I was never quite lucid.
"She presents in conferences concerning lucid dreams across the nation."
I gasped.  I would never have the desire to do that...
"So do you want me to contact your parents?"
I took a deep breath and sincerely thought it over.  "Not yet, Ian.  I don't know.."
"It's okay Jezabelle.  I completely understand."

Ian got up and went into his room, so I decided to follow him.
"Jeez Jez, why do you always have to follow me?"
I cringed.  Great, so now he doesn't want me with him.
"Just kidding, silly.  I want to find an outfit for you."
I froze.  So now not only does he think I follow him too much, but now he thinks I'm unstylish too.  Great.
"No, your outfit looks great!"
I looked down at my clothes-I had been feeling lazy today, I stayed in my pajamas all day.
"Yeah, it looks just so great."
"Right...anyway, I got you a job interview."
I frowned, and then smiled.  How should I feel about that, exactly?
"You may be the next lab assistant at Landgraab Science Facility.  You have an interview today."
I sucked my breath in.  "So I should be glad to be a lab assitant because..?"
"Jezabelle, you know jobs don't work that way.  You're not automatically going to be an astronaut or whatever."
I smiled as if I were in a day dream.  I've always wanted to be an astronaut.  Originally it was so I could go to Earth as a scientist-but now, I would have to change my dream a little bit.  Exploring the stars would be amazing...
"Oh, I would love to be an astronaut..."
"I know you would.  But first, you'll have to be a lab assistant.  Catch my drift?"
"Yeah..."
"Okay, put this on."
Ian pulled out a sparkly little number and some weird boots, and I almost laughed, but he was being so nice with helping me..

I took the little ensemble that Ian had picked out, and went into his bathroom to put it on.  I was morified by what I saw in his mirror.  I looked like a complete hooker.  I had a little too much cleavage than any girl should have, my skirt was 'panty peek' short, and the boots were just as strange as they looked initially when not on my feet.  But, the whole outfit surprisingly fit me if it mattered.
When I got out of the bathroom, I decided to lighten up the situation.  I posed for Ian, playing with my hair.  I assumed that's what he wanted me to do.
He put his hand on his hip and yawned.  "Worst outfit ever."
I smiled and frowned inside.  I secretly wanted him to like it, but I knew that I hated it.  So, I want him to approve of my slutty outfit.  Am I a horrible person?
Ian looked at my exposed belly, and suddenly I felt stupid.  Yes, surprisingly I didn't feel stupid when I got out of the bathroom...
"What are you looking at?  Am I pudgy.."
"Oh, not at all Jezabelle.  It looks like you have a tattoo.."
I looked at my stomach and I was surprised that he was right.  I picked up my shirt a little to reveal a black dragon.  I shivered-I had never gotten a tattoo.  And it's not as if I even got drunk one night and got a tattoo-I don't drink that much.

We both shrugged a bit, knowing that it was futile to hem and haw over something as silly as this.
"Anyway, Jez.  That isn't the outfit I wanted you to wear.  Here, try this."
He went back to his droors and pulled out a gray suit and some short heeled wedges.

I went into the bathroom and changed into the suit and shoes.  Once again, the suit fit me perfectly, nipping me and giving me room in all the right places.  The belt was slightly uncomfortable, but it brought the whole look to the current century.  I decided that I liked it, in a formal sense.  You wouldn't see me walking around in it at the grocery store, that's for sure, but it seemed like the perfect attire for a serious interview such as this. I'm not going to be interviewing for McDonald's-this job is important.

I walked out of the bathroom.  This time as I showed Ian my outfit, I didn't pose in any way since it didn't seem appropriate with this outfit.  But I did pull down the jacket a little-I felt out of place in such an outfit-I've never worn anything like it.
"Seems just right for your interview...Hmm, yes."
"Yeah...that reaction didn't cut it.  It is yours, isn't it?  So shouldn't you be raving about it?"
"Well, since you don't like the reaction of Ian..."
I watched him as his features slowly began to change to that of Chamille's.

"Oh my llama girl, that outfit is so friggin cute!  The interviewer person will totally love you!"
My eyes bugged out.  Sure I knew that Ian had a female side-literally...but I didn't expect for him to randomly change back into her.
Instead of pointing out the obvious, I decided to reply to her obnoxious comment.  "Um, Ian, girls don't talk like that.  You know that, don't you?"
She..he...laughed. "I know, silly.  You know that when I'm Chamille that I think like a girl, too?  Like...Ian's thoughts gone girl. Kinda..."
"Isn't it weird to call man you Ian?"
"Yeah...it's confusing.  But, this is the way I have to do it so I don't slip when I'm with people that don't know about me being two people..."
I nodded.  That made a lot of sense.

"Come on, Jez.  You have your interview at seven tonight.  Follow me and I can give you a mock interview..."
I nodded nervously.  Sure I've had an interview before, but that went so well, I was asked so many questions.

I followed Chamille down the stairs.
"Um...where are we going?  Why aren't you teleporting us there?"
"We're going to do your interview in the living room.  We're not teleporting so I can gear you up for what will happen before your interview.  You'll have to walk to the room and think about.  Nervous anticipation."
Well, I suppose that is true.  If we're doing it, we might as well do it right.

I walked down the stairs nervous.  Not for my mock interview but for my real interview.  It's good that Chamille is doing this for me.  I don't know any of the questions the interviewer would ask...and I want to be ready.  I'd like to not act like a fool if I can help it...

I sat on the sofa, and Chamille pulled up the recliner.  "The interviewer is going to sit in another chair-most likely a desk, but we can't do that.  So, this should suffice.  It's not like they're going to sit next to you."
I nodded, ready to hear the questions.  Coming from Chamille I knew this would be no big deal.
"Okay now, Jezabelle.  I'm going to start this interview and you'll try your best to answer right, alright?  If you don't know how to answer something, just ask."
"Okay, sounds good."
"Alright.  Hello Miss, I am Chamille Manharty."
"Nice to meet you, miss Manharty.  I'm Jezabelle...Evans."  I was feeling weird doing this-not only with acting so formal with her but also from mentioning my first and last name-I've never done that before...am I really an Evan?  That sounds so nice...
"Why do you want to work at Landgraab Science Facility?"
"I would like to work here because....because, well, I've always been into science...so this was an obvious fit for me?"  Idiot.
She nodded and continued to ask more questions.


But then, she changed back to Ian before my eyes, while I was answering a question.  I blinked hard.  That's never going to get old!
"Oh...I thought that I'd give you the aura of a guy, too.  We don't know who the interviewer will be."
I nodded.  Yeah, what a mock interview.
"What are your skills or other qualifications that might help us consider you for this position?"
I thought it over for just a second-this question was easy.
"Oh, I've always been into science as a kid.  I loved to do experiments with many different chemicals.  I have a passion for science.  I hope you'll consider me."
Ian nodded.  "That was great Jezabelle!  Anyway," Ian cleared his throat and continued to talk in his professional manner, "thank you for your time, Ms. Evans.  We will consider you for this position."
I looked at him and nodded.
"That's when you say nice meeting you."
"Um..okay.  Nice meeting you, Mr. Manharty."
He smiled.  "That was great, Jez.  You do that and you'll get the job."
I smiled broadly.  Of course I really wanted the position-it would get me closer to my dream.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, we went into the car to head to my interview.  I know, why were we going in the car?
"We have to travel in the car so that it looks like we drove there since we did...we don't want them to think you walked there.  We have to have the car in the parking lot."
Yeah, he was acting weird.  We've been teleporting everywhere-I didn't even know Ian owned a car.

I was starting to panic inside while we were in the car.  My legs were jittery, my breaths hollow.  I would've given anything to go home and lay on my bed-but that's just what my head was telling me.  My heart was telling me that I had to do this, I needed to get that job.  Not only will it get me one step closer to my dream, but it also helped me to get a life in the real world.  First this, then I'll find my parents..soon I won't have to rely on Ian.  But I still want to be friends with him...

Soon, we got to the facility.  I looked at it in amazement, it was so big and beautiful-and in just a few moments I would have to go in there to have my interview.
I breathed deeply, and mid breath Ian pulled me in for a hug.  He smelled like chicken parmesen-what we had for dinner.  It sounds gross to smell it on a person, but oh, it smelled so good on him.
"You'll do great, Jezabelle.  Don't sweat it.  Just don't think about it.  Smile, and your insides will feel positive too."
Slowly, I made my way to the doors of the building.  I tried breathing evenly and smiling.  It worked some what, I did feel a little better than when I was in the car, but I didn't feel half as good as I did in Ian's arms.  I felt secure-he is my protector.

I went inside the building and strutted awkwardly to the receptionist.  Well, actually, I don't think I'd call it a strut.  A strut implies that I walked with grace and ease-and I walked with anything but.  So, okay, I stumbled to the desk-happy?
"Um...hi.  I'm Jezabelle Evans-I have an interview."  I scratched my head since it felt like my head was going to burst.  I found myself staring at a tree applique on the wall.  I smiled faintly.
The nicely dressed reception looked at the wall then me.  "Ah, I see you're looking at the tree.  Trust me, it looks amusing now, but it gets old.  Anyway, you can go over to the first door on your right."
I nodded and started to walk over there.
"Oh-and be careful of the spill."  I shivered inside.  What chemical could that be?
Then, as if she was reading my mind, she said, "don't worry, that's water."  I nodded nervously.
She was really in the mood for chit chat, "there are some chemical spills the janitor is working on right now-so that's why this is still here..."  I shivered inside.  Normally I would smile since her words sounded as awkward as I felt.  But, her voice didn't sound awkward at all.

Nice and slowly, I made my way to the office.

Right as I opened the door, I was greeted by my interviewer.  He had a mop of light brown hair pushed out of his eyes, bushy eyebrows, and he looked like he was middle aged.  He wore a suit that seemed to suit someone in a high position of a facility like this.
He shook my hand firmly, "Hello, miss Evans, I am Mr. Loraine."
"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Loraine."  Odd, Ian never told me about handshaking.  Lucky for me this guy initiated it well, or I wouldn't know how to do it.  I know it sounds strange, but I've just never had to shake anyone's hand before.
"Sit, sit."
He gestured to two seats in front of his desk.  I smiled to myself.  So far so good.

Throughout the interview, Mr. Loraine looked at a binder he had on his desk.  It seemed like he had jotted some notes down of questions to ask.  Many of his questions were easy and obvious enough-most of them Ian asked me, and the others I was able to come up with an answer pretty well.
"Jezabelle, what do you think is your greatest weakness?"
I sighed deeply-inside of course, since sighing in an interview wouldn't be so good.  I had no idea what to say.  It was as if no matter what I'd say I'd look bad...
"I guess...um...I'm sorry.  I guess my weakness would be...that I never had a job before and I don't know how it all works."  I stopped for a minute, concluding my answer.  But then I had an idea.  "But, I will be a hard worker and I adjust well.  I know that I would love this job, and I will try my hardest.  I do have some chemical background, and I think I would be a great employee..."  I smiled a little bit.  That made me sound better.

Soon, the interview was over.  He came back over to me and shook my hand.  "It was nice meeting you, Ms. Evans.  We will consider you for employment."
"Yes, it was nice meeting you."  I tried to tell if I had a good chance of being hired-but honestly, I couldn't tell.  He sounded just as he did in the beginning, formal and neutral.  Unreadable.

I headed out of the facility, relieved that my interview was over.
I was walking over slowly to Ian, just realizing that he was still there even after my interview.  I hadn't even thought about what he would do!
But then I halted.  Ian was talking on the phone.
"I don't know, Reese.  Maybe soon.  But I know for sure I need to..."
I sucked in my breath.  What could Ian be talking about?

8 comments:

  1. I know. 'I don't know what to say to that because I haven't read it yet.' Just wait and see ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... okay? I think. You're confusing me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. You'll understand what I mean by next chapter about the cliff hanger and what'll happen with it.

    Did I make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think. Probably. It's just after midnight and I'm semi-tired. So not much makes sense right now. Although I'm staying up to make a new Sim. Trying to decide what she'll look like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wats the deal with ian hes been acting weird lately wats wrong with him it seems like he knos something and he wont tell her hes making me suspicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete